NBA 2K20 Update 1.07 Patch Notes: New Season-Opening Update Adds MyPlayer Nation, 2K League Qualifying And More
Following the release of the 1.07 update to NBA 2K20, the development team today Shared a very brief description of the NBA 2K20 patch. As gamers can attest, the latest download version of 2K is large on both the PS4 and Xbox One, and may take a while to install. The 2K20 patch is available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The updated size is large for both systems, 18GB on PS4 and a massive 37 GB on Xbox One. Core game playability, but overall good. Especially in the 5-v-5 mode. The size of the update does not increase the total storage space required for the game. Files already stored in the game are being replaced.
Here is a look at the information 2K released with the patch:
To celebrate the start of the NBA season, we are preparing to launch our brand new "MyPLAYER Nation" feature! Once the season has officially tipped off, head into MyCAREER to learn more about MyPLAYER Nation and how you can earn 2x VC, 2x MyPOINTS, AND 2x Badge Points while representing your team!
The newest update also adds the qualifying module for the third season of the NBA 2K League. NBA 2K League Qualifying begins 10/22 and runs through 11/10.
Addressed an issue where your controller settings would reset to your previous default when making changes and changing Neighborhoods (e.g. joining a friend elsewhere).
Many, many more fixes included to improve the overall experience of NBA 2K20.
The MyPlayer Nation feature is a new initiative that delivers double VC and MyPoints, and Badge Point events. The MyPlayer Nation feature kicks off on 10/29 and these events should run through the season.
Here are some of the additional fixes and changes that took place:
- Reduced the frequency of shooters falling to the floor when shooting shots in traffic.
- Fixed an issue that was causing illegal screens to be called in in appropriate circumstances.
- Setting your MyCOURT to 'by permission only' will now allow others in once permission has been granted.
- Users who reach the highest level shoe endorsements will no longer need to purchase their custom created On COURT shoes.
- Entering the MyCOURT on a skateboard/bicycle/etc. will no longer restrict the user from immediately leaving the MyCOURT should they choose to do so.
- New support for showing the current Player of the Month card on the MyTEAM Unlimited menu tile.
- Fixed an issue where the color of a card would not upgrade to the next tier in the Lineups menu when the card was paired with its Duo partner.
- The All-Star game should now properly appear on the schedule for the current season when starting a new Start Today mode.
- Users are now able to schedule practices in the frost season of a Start Today mode (fixes the case where players would experience declining ratings after the first season).
- Fixed an issue where some users were reporting game disconnects during timeouts of MyLEAGUE Online games.
- Addressed a case where some users reporting being unable to play with/against their friends in MyLEAGUE Online.
This is the seventh update for NBA 2K20 since the game was released on September 6. Mike Wang the gameplay director, has not come forward with any details about the update.