Star Trek Online Launches The USS Franklin from Star Trek Beyond
Star Trek Beyond fans will have something to celebrate, as Star Trek Online launches the USS Franklin in its latest update.
From October 10th to October 31st, Star Trek Online is running a promotion that will provide an additional bonus when opening a Research and Development Pack.
When you purchase a Research and Development Pack from the C-Store and open it, you will receive either 10 Lobi Crystals or a Special Requisition Choice Pack - Tier 6 Promotional Ship Choice Pack in addition to the Research and Development Pack.
Additionally, details around the Freedom-class Exploration Frigate (T6) was shared.
In addition to this new starship, opening this Special Requisition Choice Pack - Tier 6 Promotional Ship Choice Pack will give the recipient a choice of any Tier 6 ship found in any previous Research & Development or Duty Officer Promotional Pack.
The player fortunate enough to win this ship pack will be presented with a choice of claiming a package containing this exciting new starship, or any one of the following ships:
- Discovery Era Constitution Miracle Worker Flight Deck Cruiser [T6]
- Discovery Era D7 Miracle Worker Flight Deck Cruiser [T6]
- Krenim Annorax Science Dreadnought [T6]
- Elachi Sheshar Intel Dreadnought Cruiser [T6]
- Elachi Sheshar Command Dreadnought Cruiser [T6]
- Jem'Hadar Strike Ship [T6]
- Special Requisition Pack - 23rd Century Tier 6 Ship
The Special Requisition Pack - 23rd Century Tier 6 Ship opens into one of the ships below, depending on faction:
- Temporal Light Cruiser [T6] – Constitution Class (Starfleet Only)
- D7 Temporal Battlecruiser [T6] (Klingons Only)
- T'liss Temporal Warbird [T6] (Romulans Only)
There are even more ships you could win, like:
- Son'a Collector Science Dreadnought
- Amarie-Class Smuggler's Heavy Escort
- Tzenkethi Tzen-tarr Dreadnought Carrier
- Vaadwaur Miracle Worker Dreadnought
- Mirror Crossfield Science Destroyer
You might also get the Special Requisition Pack – 26th Century Dreadnought Cruiser, which opens into one of the ships below, depending on faction:
- Universe Temporal Heavy Dreadnought Cruiser (Starfleet Only)
- Durgath Temporal Heavy Dreadnought Battle Cruiser (Klingons Only)
- Valkis Temporal Heavy Dreadnought Warbird (Romulans Only)
Note: Only newly purchased Research and Development packs will offer the chance to win the Special Requisition Choice Pack - Tier 6 Promotional Ship Choice Pack during this promotional event. Packs purchased before or after the event will not offer bonus Lobi or the Special Requisition Choice Pack - Tier 6 Promotional Ship Choice Pack. Packs purchased during the event, but opened after the event ends, will still benefit from this promotion's bonus rewards.
Here is some information about the Research and Development Pack:
These packs feature a myriad of materials to give you a head start with our latest Crafting System update. With numerous Crafting Materials (ranging in rarity from Common to Very Rare), R&D Components galore, and a variety of R&D Catalysts, these packs offer tons of opportunities to start crafting with a bang!
The C-Store features both single packs and bundles of four, so Captains can buy multiple packs at a discount.
Research and Development Pack – 300 Zen
This pack includes:
- 15 Common, Uncommon, Rare or Very Rare R&D Materials
- 15 Uncommon, Rare or Very Rare R&D Materials
- 6 Rare or Very Rare R&D Materials
- 4 Very Rare R&D Materials
- 3 Mk 2 or Better R&D Components
- 3 Mk 6 or Better R&D Components
- 2 Mk 10 or Better R&D Components
- 3 Random R&D Catalysts
- 4 Random Upgrade Accelerators
Research and Development Pack Bundle – 1000 Zen
This pack includes:
4 Research and Development Packs
(You will receive 4 separate packs when making this one purchase, NOT 1 pack that unpacks 4)
Freedom-class Exploration Frigate [T6]
The Freedom Class has a classic look, but renovations from the future have made it up to speed with anything in the modern era. It contains powerful communications arrays to overwhelm enemy computer systems, and an enhanced landing system should it ever need to take to ground.
This Starship features a Lieutenant Commander Universal/Miracle Worker Station and a Lieutenant Commander Universal/Pilot Station.
- Tier: 6
- Faction: Federation and Federation Aligned
- Required Rank: Complete the Tutorial
- Hull Modifier: 1.3 (scales with level)
- Shield Modifier: .95
- Fore Weapons: 5 (scales with level)
- Aft Weapons: 3 (scales with level)
- Device Slots: 3
- Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Commander Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Commander Universal/Miracle Worker, 1 Lieutenant Commander Universal/Pilot, 1 Lieutenant Universal, 1 Ensign Universal
- Consoles: 5 Tactical, 4 Engineering, 2 Science (scales with level)
- Base Turn Rate: 14
- Impulse Modifier: .2
- Inertia: 50
- +15 Weapons Power, +5 Engine Power
- Console - Universal - VHF Disruptive Transmission
- Can Load Dual Cannons
- Raider Flanking
- Cruiser Command Array
- Command - Strategic Maneuvering
- Command - Weapon System Efficiency
- Starship Mastery Package (Frigate)
- Enhanced Hull Plating (+Energy Damage Resistance Rating)
- Enhanced Weapon Banks (+Crit Severity)
- Rapid Repairs (+Hull Regeneration)
- Precise Weapons Systems (+Accuracy)
- Smooth Landing (Starship Trait)
Console – Universal – VHF Disruptive Transmission
The Freedom-class Exploration Frigate comes equipped with a VHF Disruptive Transmission. When activated, it will blast high frequency radio waves towards nearby foes, dealing significant electrical damage to them, especially smaller ones. Additionally, your ship’s maneuverability will increase significantly while this is active.
This console also provides a passive boost to Electrical Damage and Hull Capacity. It can be equipped in any console slot, on any ship. You may only equip one of these consoles.
Starship Trait – Smooth Landing
After achieving level 5 in the Freedom-class Exploration Frigate Starship Mastery, you will unlock the "Smooth Landing" Starship Trait. While this trait is slotted, activating Evasive Maneuvers will apply Brace for Impact I to you, and activating Brace for Impact will apply Evasive Maneuvers to you.
Admiralty Ship Details:
SPECIAL: Ignores +ENG from Hazards