Path of Exile: Blight Out On PS4 and Xbox One Today (September 9th)
The latest expansion for the free-to-play Path of Exile has been out on PC. Console players is getting to play Path of Exile: Blight on PS4 and Xbox One Today, September 9th.
Grinding Gear Games says that Path of Exile: Blight "merges the exciting action combat of PoE with the strategy of classic tower defense games." Blight introduces a wide selection of new skills, items, and balance changes. The Grinding Gear Games says that there are "significant revamps" to a few key character archetypes: the Necromancer, the Poison Assassin, and the Mine Saboteur.
Path of Exile: Blight adds a new tower defence-style mode to the free-to-play hack'n slasher. The update also makes some changes to several classes and incorporates two old leagues into Path of Exile's core game.
Tendrils of the fungal Blight lay down paths for enemies to follow. When they're possessed, the monsters become tougher, but they mindlessly follow tendrils created by Fungal Growths. To stop them, you need to build defensive structures that take advantage of these creatures' unique vulnerabilities and effectively use space and resources to survive. In terms of defensive structures, Blight gives you a wide arsenal to bring to bear. There are towers that cause chill, shock, stun, burn, petrify, and debilitate. Each time you successfully defend a tendril, which is effectively a lane, you'll get acces to a chest full of rewards.
Path of Exile Key Features Include:
- A dark and deep action RPG
- Ascend online ladders in every game mode
- Combine skill gems to create unique combat strategies
- Cooperate or compete with thousands of other Exiles in a persistent online world
- Craft weapons, magic items and even end-game maps to become more powerful
- Download and play for free, but never pay-to-win
- Explore a dark and gritty world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
- Explore randomly generated levels for nearly infinite replayability
- Unlimited character combinations with the game's gigantic skill tree