Apple Arcade Game Streaming Service For IPhone, IPad & Mac Next Week Cost $4.99 A Month
Apple Arcade is an upcoming subscription service that will allow you to play an exclusive selection of iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV games as much as you like for a single monthly. Apple Arcade is now ready to burst onto the scene next week on 19th September in 150 countries. The service is set to launch on September 19 alongside iOS 13. It will come to iPadOS and tvOS on September 30, and finally arrive on MacOS Catalina in October.
Apple Arcade is also turning up with a low and potentially quite appealing price. Apple Arcade will cost $4.99/£4.99 per month – following a one month free trial – giving access to a catalogue of over 100 new and exclusive games for the service. That price allows you to play these games without limit, pay them offline, and share them with up to six family members through Family Sharing.
The games on Apple Arcade are the full versions of the games with no ads, additional microtransactions, or in-game purchases. Some games will also support DualShock 4, Xbox wireless controllers, and MFi controllers via Bluetooth in addition to touch controls and Siri Remote.
Apple has partnered with big-name game publishers including Konami and Capcom. Games will include Lego Brawls, Beyond a Steel Sky, Sonic Racing and Sayonara Wild Hearts, also including some mightily appealing series revivals like ChuChu Rocket!
Here's the list from Apple:
- Ballistic Baseball from Gameloft, is an action-packed arcade baseball game that captures the intense battle between pitcher and batter in live head-to-head multiplayer matches.
- ChuChu Rocket! Universe explodes as Sega launches the beloved ChuChus into a universe of strange and wonderful planets with over 100 mind-bending puzzles.
- In Exit the Gungeon from Devolver, players must escape a collapsing hell dungeon as increasingly perilous obstacles and opponents stand in their way.
- Overland from Finji, is a post-apocalyptic road trip adventure where players fight dangerous creatures, rescue stranded travelers and scavenge for supplies to survive.
- PAC-MAN PARTY ROYALE from Bandai Namco, is a brand-new arcade experience featuring a four-player Battle Mode where the last PAC-MAN standing wins.
- In Projection: First Light from Blowfish, players follow the adventures of Greta, a girl living in a mythological shadow puppet world as she embarks on a journey of self-enlightenment, helped by legendary heroes from ancient cultures along the way.
- In Rayman Mini from Ubisoft, Rayman has been reduced to the size of an ant! Players use insects, mushrooms and plants to run through the world as quickly as possible or try over and over again to achieve the perfect score.
- In Shantae and the Seven Sirens from WayForward, players explore a vast sunken city and battle the Seven Sirens in the Half-Genie’s most thrilling adventure yet.
- Skate City from Snowman brings the heart and soul of street skating to life with multi-touch controls as city streets become the ultimate skater playground.
- In Sneaky Sasquatch from RAC7, players live the life of a Sasquatch and do regular, everyday Sasquatch stuff like sneaking around in disguise, raiding coolers and picnic baskets, playing golf and more.
- Steven Universe: Unleash the Light, is an original Cartoon Network game, co-written by Rebecca Sugar, where players pick their favorite characters, choose which Gems are in their party, unlock awesome new abilities and equip alternate costumes in the ultimate mobile role-playing game (RPG).
- Super Impossible Road from Rogue Games, is a futuristic, high-speed racing game where players master hairpin turns on courses that twist and coil over beautiful galactic backdrops.
- The Bradwell Conspiracy from Bossa, is a beautifully stylized conspiracy adventure thriller with a humorous twist.
- In The Enchanted World from Noodlecake, players help a young fairy piece together a magical world torn apart by dark forces.
- Various Daylife from Square Enix, is a brand-new RPG from the creators of Bravely Default and Octopath Traveler. In the year 211 of the Imperial Era, players explore a newly discovered continent while living life to the fullest in the city of Erebia.
Apple Arcade is one of Apple's newest services. For Apple customers who want to try out Apple Arcade before signing up for a subscription, Apple is offering a free one-month trial.